Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgiving is near!

How wonderful it is to enter the Holiday season. I am so excited when I see everyone just get so pumped up to decorate their house and crafting away to make the season meaningful.

My friend, Rachel Hey from The Art Bunny Blog is from UK and there's no Thanksgiving in U.K. So, I thought I'd give her a little Thanksgiving inspired post, and how everyone here in the United States celebrate and getting ready for their Thanksgiving week, also just some post about Fall season crafts.

Rachel, this post is for you.

Here in the U.S, we celebrate Thanksgiving. As for me, I love the idea of Giving Thanks, I think it should not be celebrated just once, but everyday. Here's a fun quote from One Happy Mama from her recent post: 30 days of gratitude day 17

Gratitude is when memory stored in the heart and not in the mind.

I think that is really true. You remember good things and collect them in your heart. I love that quote.

I am grateful for falling leaves and season change. Maya Made Blog post: Oak Stamp is cute. She made these stamps and print them on organic brown paper. She also suggested that you can print them on fabric too!.. what a great idea.




and few more falling leaves from Maya blog:




Food is a big part of Thanksgiving. The weather is getting colder, and all I want to do is stay at home and bake. Pumpkin is a big thing here during Fall season. But check out this fun craft from One Charming Party: Thanksgiving Place Card ideas - Faux Pumpkin Pie. How clever!



Okay, for real food - here's a good post from Bakerella - Pumpkin Pie Bites:



Food will not be the same without Turkey as well. Allrecipes has great ideas for Thanksgiving Turkey recipes. I love their how-to videos, they have all kinds of videos to show you how to thaw, brine, cook, smoke, carved turkeys.

Most important of all, Thanksgiving is alll about get together with friends and family!... Appreciate and love the people in your life.

Even though I did not grow up celebrating Thanksgiving, I wished that we have a giving thanks day in my country.

Here's one last inspiration graphic that you can actually download and frame at your living room as a reminder of the season. It is a Thanksgiving Subway Art by Eighteen25 blog.



Live, love, and be creative,

Ira

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...